Most parents within separating relationships aim to develop an amicable and respectful relationship with their estranged partner for the benefit of their own and their children’s well-being. However, when good intentions begin to clash with the ongoing relationship frustrations many parents are left confused about how to relate respectfully and effectively with their Ex.
Designed as an alternative for individual intervention, this program is a 10-hour workshop held over three fortnightly weekends for a group maximum of six parents experiencing or considering separation from their partner. The workshop will explore common challenges within a separating relationship and provide participants with practical skills and strategies to better manage their own feelings, frustrations and planning for the road ahead.
Day 1: Me
• Expectations and assumptions
• Anger, frustration and stress
• Managing strong emotions
Day 2: My Ex
• Boundaries and limitations
• Communication without conflict
• Dealing with setbacks constructively
• Preparing for particular challenges
Day 3: My future
• Maintaining separation-life balance
• Mindfulness, meditation and relaxation
• Decluttering the emotional wardrobe