Times of stress and change impact a relationship and a family in significant ways that when unsupported through these circumstances can lead to the entrenchment of relationship difficulties and strain. When people come into contact with the family legal system, these difficulties can have devastating effects on relationship that stretch long into the future of a family. Specialised counselling at these times helps individuals and families find a pathway through what can feel like overwhelming practical and emotional challenges and establish strong and productive relationships for the future.
I offer online counselling to individuals, couples and families through their contact with the family legal system and/or their experience of separating and reforming families in three main areas:
Preparing for Marriage:
- Pre-marital counselling
- Navigating the emotional process of pre-nuptial agreements
Separation and Divorce:
- Separation counselling to improve amicability for future co-parenting
- Counselling for children and families experiencing parental separation
- Court-ordered family-therapy
- Mediation directed post-separation counselling for parenting arrangements
- Specialised counselling to grow from our history and prepare for a new and sustaining relationship
- Working through the challenges of re-partnering and blending families post-separation.