PREPARING FOR HIGHER SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMS
Many students experience significant distress as they mentally prepare for the major exams of the HSC. Often performing well during in-class assessments, students can struggle with the pressure of an exam setting and feel disappointed with their exam results.
Designed as an alternative for individual intervention, this six-week program is offered to a group maximum of eight young people who are currently in Year 12 and preparing to sit their final HSC exams from October 2016. The six hour-long workshops will cover six key areas within Performance Psychology to maximize the practical skills and confidence of participants as they prepare to sit their exams.
- Topics that will be covered within the program include:
- Cognitive foundations to combat thoughts and expectations that impede performance
- Goal-setting for realistic and meaningful achievements
- Attentional control to better manage physiological arousal during exam performance
- Stress management to improve focus and concentration
- Imagery training for peak performance; and
- Resilience enhancing reflections.